I came to Chicago with the intent of staying for one year. Currently, I am in the midst of my second year Dwelling in Chicago. As of this past week, I will now be spending the next 3 years pursuing a Master of Divinity degree at the University of Chicago's Divinity School. I applied to schools in Chicago and schools on both of the American coasts. All very different programs, all very good programs. But after much thought, journaling, conversation, and reflection - I've accepted a position at the program that seems to be the best fit for me at this time. Thanks to all of my friends, mentors, and extended support systems who have kept me in your thoughts and prayers throughout this long process of applications and sifting through acceptances. My time with DOOR is not yet over, but on this Holy Saturday evening I am preparing to enter a new season of my life as Easter and warm weather approach the horizon. One season draws to a close, and another season beckons.
I am so happy for you and proud of you, too. I know you will continue to pursue a life of integrity and I honor you. I look forward to learning from you and journeying with you as you soon enter a new season.
ReplyDeleteBlessings and love,
Mama
Hooray! Congrats amiga. Also, nice choice of scripture ;) Can't wait to see how the next chapter unfolds.
ReplyDelete