The past couple of weeks have been very busy, this last one especially. Just this week I've cut 12 inches of my hair and shipped it to Locks of Love, moved my siblings into their college dorms (junior year already!?), practiced (yes... practiced - more than once) packing my life into a total of 3 suitcases and 1 carry-on, taken the GRE, seen the doctor, said last goodbyes to friends and run countless errands. The closer I get to departure on Sunday, the more steep my roller coaster of emotions-related-to-adrenaline seems to become.
I've gotten my Chicago mailing address, so e-mail me if you need it for any reason! Sorting through my possessions and narrowing which I should take and which I should leave (or give away) has been another process of garnering my personal support systems - this time in the form of items. I'm always in the market for supportive quotes to take with me along my way, so if anyone has any, please feel free to leave them as a comment. Thanks for journeying with me (symbolically) on this adventure, and I'll be posting pictures of places soon!
It's wonderful knowing you have safely arrived in Chicago and are now in your new home. Blessings as you enter into a new life there. Take it one day at a time. Here's an encouraging quote by Thomas Merton:
ReplyDeleteYou do not need to know precisely what is happening or exactly where it is all going. What you need is to recognize the possibilities and challenges offered by the present moment and to embrace them with courage, faith, and hope.
My love, prayers and blessings are with you, Mama